- Bitch On The Run – by Samantha Fish
- Through My Eyes – by Buddaheads
- Grab It – by Martha Jane & The Talisman
- I Love The Life I Live – by Jeff Golub with Brian Auger
- Revolution Blues – by Neil Young
- Back Door Man – by Black Oak Arkansas
- Feel Good Funk – by Jason Ricci
- Automatic Woman – by Christina & The Whipping Boys
- Miss You – by Tom Walker Trio
- Love Me Like A Man – by Bonnie Raitt
- Joy – by Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart
- Rattlesnake Snail – by Jamie Thyer
- Living On Credit – by Guy Tortora
- Willie Dixon – by Guy Tortora
- Boneyard – by Guy Tortora
- Sweet Release – by Bare Bones Boogie Band
- Smokin’ Joe’s Café – by Smokin’ Joe Kubek & Bnois King
- Wait For The Night To Turn Blue – by Tony Tucker
- I’m Doing Alright (feat Marcus Bonfonti) – by Nick Cohen
- Since I’Ve Been Loving You – by The Proof Cold Feeling
- Blues Got Me Again – by Charlie Musselwhite
My featured ‘Artist Of The Week’ is the superb GUY TORTORA
Born & raised in Pasadena, California, Guy Tortora is currently based in London, in the UK.
I was lucky enough to catch GUY TORTORA at the Upton Blues Festival a few years ago. He was phenomenal and I was an hour later getting home than I had intended because he was so good. He doesn’t just play the Blues he understands it.
Over the last few years he has laid claim to a unique niche on the Blues ‘n’ Roots scene in the UK and European Continent, from small clubs and theatres to festivals. His two recent solo albums received a warm welcome in the Blues ‘n’ Roots reviews, a third album was released in 2008 to great acclaim from reviewers and audiences alike. When travelling light, he performs in stripped down acoustic mode either on his own, or accompanied by bass or keyboards. At many UK gigs he appears with the Guy Tortora Band, his own four-piece outfit of accomplished musicians from the UK and Europe. With this band he has performed live with artists as diverse as Eric Clapton, Pee Wee Ellis, John Cleary and Eric Bibb. He has gigged across North America and much of Europe. He also performs solo, and in duo or trio format with his regular members of the Guy Tortora Band: bassman Costa Tancredi, or keys player Janos Bajtala. Recently he has formed an acoustic duo partnership with Ben Tyzack of UK band Spikedrivers – Guy and Ben have is a short UK tour planned for November 2015.
Guy is a guitar player of some accomplishment and a distinctive songwriter. On both acoustic and electric guitars he plays finger style, and is a fine bottleneck and slide player. His playing is not the flashy guitar-slinger style beloved of bluesrockers everywhere, but understated, and leaves room for the songs to make an impact, whether his own or the “covers” he performs that include many old standards and traditional tunes as well as songs by more recent American writers such as Eric Bibb or Kreig Viesselman.
If you get an opportunity to catch GUY live then take it . . . you won’t be disappointed!