This unpaid voluntary position is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door within the music industry, build your own personal profile and work with industry professionals.
Have you always wanted to report on the latest breaking news? Want to know about all the latest album releases before they drop and cover anything and everything Rock/Metal/Punk? Here’s your chance!
Midlands Metalheads are expanding our news team and looking for quick thinking reporters to help us gather news.
Your role will be searching the furthest depths of the internet for the latest news In the music scene. Whether you find it through Twitter posts, Facebook groups or see other publishers reporting on it, we need your news.
You should have an extensive knowledge of the Rock/Metal/Punk scene, know how to find news and what constitutes as news.
A knowledge of social media is essential.
Generally, we ask that you have an actual interest in Rock/Metal/Punk as that’s what you’ll be working with 24/7.
- Hunting through the internet to find news to report on.
- Updating us on the latest breaking news.
- Using our separate account to monitor bands on all platforms with their latest tweets, posts etc.
- Monitoring what our competition is posting and letting us know if there’s any breaking news from them.
Along with your CV please provide:
- A brief word document citing five news stories, with headlines and a brief summary of what the story is plus: the information from both sides of the story, quotes, statements, images and as much information as you can possibly find. Please make the date of when the document was procured clear so we know what week you found this news from.
Midlands Metalheads Radio LTD is fully licensed with PPL & PRS