This unpaid voluntary position is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door within the music industry, build your own personal profile and work with industry professionals.
We’re looking for enthusiastic writers to contribute to our news team.
You’ll be writing news about everything Rock/Metal/Punk every week, immersing yourself into the music industry so you know all the latest info about your favourite bands!
We’re looking for passionate writers who are on top of the latest breaking news i.e. latest album releases, latest band info. Know what they’re talking about and can create original, interesting and fun articles for our website.
You will need to have an interest in Rock/Metal/Punk as it’s what you’re working with 24/7.
Writing skills are a necessity. However, experience or qualifications in media and journalism aren’t a necessity, but is taken into great consideration.
- Create original, on trend articles that reflect on the latest news in the music scene right now
- Be able to write an interesting, engaging article that isn’t copied from another website and isn’t biased/untrue.
- Be able to post articles on a week by week basis (depending on the article length) and meet deadlines.
- Be able to jump on the latest breaking news when it is announced and create an article as soon as possible
Along with your CV please submit:
- A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you want to work for us
- A brief article (500-word maximum) about a breaking news story in the Rock/Metal/Punk scene. This can be anything you find, but please timestamp the date so we know when it was written.
Midlands Metalheads Radio LTD Is fully licensed in PRS And PPL